The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. (Psalm 25:14)
Salvation is only through a personal, covenant relationship with God.
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:10-12)
- This is my blood of the covenant (Matthew 26:28)
- … without the shedding of
bloodthere is no forgiveness (Hebrews 9:22)
This covenant brought all believers into the Body of Christ.
- this is my body (Matthew 26:26)
- for we are members of his body (Ephesians 5:30)
God guaranteed the full realization of this covenant.
- set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Corinthians 1:22)